Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Rambling

So i've been thinkin alot about somethin Markie said to me this morning..

It was about discipline in the home, and the effects it has on someone later on in life.

In my opinion, the more discipline placed on a child growing up..i.e. curfew, church, cleanliness of their room, etc. the more likely the child is to rebel.

I don't know who i'd be had i not gone through the trials i did at such a young age. I think everyone who knows my background and has been there with me through majority of it, know that given the circumstances, i shouldn't be where i am today. I pretty much raised myself from 14 on. Up until that point in my life, i was forced to go to church, my room had to be absolutely spotless before i left for school or if i wanted to go out and do something, i had to be home by 10p.m. on friday and saturday nights unless it was a church function or unless i begged to stay out later.

After being kicked out, i was completely lost. i didn't have discipline. i didn't have rules. i had freedom, but at the same time i didn't.

Now i'm married, going to school, making something of myself. I don't know if i'd have that had i not been kicked out and forced to start life sooner than most.

At the same time, personality plays a pretty big role in who someone becomes. Discipline and personality work hand in hand. One person may accept discipline better than another. Another may need a kick in the ass to make something of themself. Or, like myself, the discipline may come as a burden. Something that pushes them to the point of complete rebellion.

Who knows. I needed to vent..and now..i'm goin shoppin =D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Followers