Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Serenity

So today I woke up to take Mark to his brothers house, and decided when i was gettin ready that i wanted to go give my horse a bath.
I dropped markie off and headed on my way. it's such a beautiful day out..but it's a little chilly.

The barn is so peaceful..so serene. There's a heard of deer that roam wherever they please. when i first went to check out the barn before movin coda out there the lady told me:

"we have a family of deer..they roam free, and we don't shoot them"

hahaha. cracks me up.

As i pulled up there were 2 does and 3 babies in the road. they ran off at the sight of my truck. i pulled up to the top of the property where coda's stall is and parked. Turned him out and let him be a horse while i sat in the truck waiting.
I felt something watching me, and when i looked up there was a doe standing still right in front of me. i saw movement behind her, and 2 little babies popped out of a bush. so freakin cute!! i turned off the truck completely and just watched them. she wandered over to the wash rack and ate the cat food i'd put out for the barn cats. i snapped a couple pictures, but the smaller of the two babies ran off because coda spooked.
Photobucket
Momma doe was eatin in the hay barn. I got pretty close to her which amazed me. she watched me give coda a bath from behind a bale of hay.

Photobucket
the babies took off down the road..i was about 10 feet from momma as i took a picture of her little ones..

Coda decided he wanted to be a brat and act up. He didn't want a bath, and he made it clear. BUT he was gonna get a bath whether he liked it or not. He finally realized that his spoiled lil attitude wasn't gettin him anywhere except right back to where he needed to stand.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

All in all, it was a great morning =]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Followers